A little bit about Bay Moon Communications…
We are a full-service Communications and Design agency with clients across Africa, and the UK.
We have an unstoppable desire to push ourselves to deliver real value to our clients, with a big focus on quality. We are driven and expect everyone to take responsibility for their actions.
We hire smart people who are driven by growth, humble and hungry to deliver results and value to our clients.
Our team is central to everything that we do, and we take the time to learn from each other, to support each other, and celebrate our wins. At Bay Moon, we believe that if you work hard and are effective during office hours, there is no reason why you should be working after hours and/or over the weekend. If you want a balanced lifestyle, it’s yours to create at Bay Moon.
The job on offer:
We are currently looking for a mid-level account manager with strong client management experience and writing/editing skills to join our team in Cape Town.
Report to: MD
Location: Cape Town
Level of experience: Mid-level
Salary: Market related
Start date: 1 May 2019 or sooner
- We are looking for a smart, vibrant, friendly, people-orientated Account Manager to serve our clients with exceptional care and professionalism
- You must be able to self-manage; we don’t micromanage here, but you need to deliver tangible results
- Quality of output must be at your core. Attention to detail is key
- The position interfaces with our Creative Director and the Bay Moon design and development studio, and our clients
- You will need to have lots of energy, be personally-driven, results-focused, resourceful and creative, able to deal with issues directly and take ownership and accountability of your role
- This is predominantly a virtual role in terms of engaging with our clients - you will largely need to work telephonically and over email to engage with them
- Team is at the core of everything we do, so you must be someone who will never abandon a teammate, and who is comfortable letting others win/shine
- You have to be in it for the long-haul. There will be bumps in the road and success depends on your ability to adapt, to be flexible, and to change gears when needed and be reliable
Principle job responsibilities:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Receive client briefs and distil them with the Creative Director (and by extension, our Art Director)
- Understand the internal workflow and the skillsets of team members needed to complete a task
- Share your knowledge, process and results with the team ongoingly for knowledge transfer
- Facilitate status meetings outlining the week’s tasks as and when is required
- Be able to edit and write client/industry related articles for client website content or internal newsletter content if required to do so
- Co-ordinate and manage internal client marketing campaigns for optimum results
- Quality assure delivery of the team and its outputs
- Build strong personal relationships with Bay Moon team members and Client staff
- Act as a final escalation point and facilitate successful problem resolution
- Demonstrate strong project management and systems skills (to keep our project status boards up to date)
- Understand the process of prioritizing jobs and be able to negotiate realistic timeframes with clients when needed so that people are set up to ‘work smart’ and feel supported
Qualifications and experience:
- Matric – essential
- Relevant tertiary qualification – essential
- Four + years’ relevant working experience – essential
- People engagement, communication and management skills – essential
- Business writing and editing experience – essential
- Strong project management skills and experience using online project management platforms – (we use Monday.com but experience in working on any project management platform would be) advantageous
- Speaking/Writing French – advantageous (but not critical)
How to apply
Please submit your CV and a completed Bay Moon Communications questionnaire (download here - http://bit.ly/2HwKfyK) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received without both documents will be disqualified.
Please Click here to apply