Client Specialist - F&R
This role sits within our Financial & Risk (“F&R”) business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, this role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html
- The client specialist retains and grows market share by pro-actively analyzing customer's needs, training for new and existing products on relevant functionality and content to specific end user workflows, increasing usage and product stickiness.
- The client specialist provides post sale expertise and knowledge identifying and/or focusing on the “at risk” customers.
- He or she manages the renewal process and builds strong client relationships to achieve assigned retention targets and satisfaction levels.
- Due to their trusted-advisor status, client specialists are an invaluable resource in understanding the dynamics within the client organization and identifying cross-sell and up-sell opportunities.
- Client Specialists will also provide/coordinate customer support.
- Responsible for a market segment across a region.
- Build & own the relationship of key stakeholders in their sector of expertise and act as their competent partner.
- Understand client requirements, current technical environment and training and support needs.
- Consolidate and provide customer feedback to relevant groups (account teams, product development teams) on clients' use of products, product enhancements, competition, trends, future service needs, internal relationship issues/conflicts and competitive situations by understanding, identifying and mapping the client workflow.
- Identify “at risk” customers/end users and tactically focus on retaining them, bringing in Sales Specialists where required.
- Is accountable for monitoring usage as an indicator of need for training, at risk etc.
- Identify potential clients / end users by analyzing the customer account to enable competition displacement or new sale.
- Transition post sale knowledge/relationships to the account teams and participate in value review presentations.
- Work collaboratively internally and externally to leverage resources for client support.
- Develop training content, training presentations, guided demonstration materials, and competency assessments to either train new and existing end users of TR Products and Solutions and increase product stickiness by demonstrating relevant new content and functionality driving customer´s retention.
- Use CRM as an activity planning tool and capture all client related activities / intelligence in a timely and accurate manner.
- Co-operate on an international basis to share knowledge and best working practices.
- Responsible for the overall end user satisfaction.
- Five to ten years business/engineering/technical experience such as Financial Markets, Taxes, Export Import, GRC.
- Fluency in oral and written French
- General knowledge of OTC
- Three to five years post sales and/or sales experience preferred.
- Three to five years previous account support and/or account management experience.
Qualification / Education
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Taxes, Finance, GRC, Global Trade.
- Master’s degree desired.
Key competencies and skills
What are the critical competencies and skills that a successful incumbent would possess?
Include in this field areas of domain expertise we need the candidate to bring.
- Market Understanding.
- Strong customers focus and service skills.
- Action oriented & perseverance skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Strong personal skills.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Please click here to apply.