Translations, Copywriting, Editing, Publications
Century City, Cape Town
Salary: Market Related
Job Functions: Translations, Copywriting, Editing, Publication
We are an international company with offices in London, Cape Town and Malta. If you are not from SA then London will also be your first stop where you will complete your training and will start working while our immigration team processes your work visa application for Cape Town.
Full relocation assistance is provided by covering the cost of your flights, accommodation and shuttle service from the airport. You will be accommodated in fully furnished state of the art apartment with easy access to the office (approximately 1 mile) and public transport.
Our London office has a welcoming vibe and friendly employees, with onsite coffee bar, free taxi home between 10 pm – 7 am, Friday bar and fruit is delivered twice a week for your wellbeing. If you chose not to make Cape Town as your final destination you can be based in our London office for the duration of your employment with us.
If you are interested in relocating to Cape Town once again relocation assistance is provided by covering flights, shuttle service from the airport, 3 months of free accommodation and visa assistance. Our Cape Town office also offers many perks such as a free meal daily, free access to our gym, awesome coffee from our onsite coffee bar and Friday bar. We have over 1 800 multi-national employees as we provide services in the European Region, Canada and Australia. The diverse nature and culture of the company gives us the edge in a highly competitive market, thus making us an employer of choice in Cape Town.
Reporting to the Translation Services Manager, the French Translator will have the very important task of taking all text related English content which is created for various business needs and localising text into their native language. The translator will ensure that business is able to effectively communicate its products to existing and potential customers in relevant regions and will also be responsible for their language quality across all promotions, products, web pages and brands.
- Provide first class translations and content, in French, for use on any medium, including but not limited to:
- Translating from English
- Proof reading
- SEO content
- Press releases
- SMS Marketing
- Work with and provide translations and content for various business partners including retention, acquisition, conversion, product and creative
- Ensure consistency and quality of messaging across all segments
- Consultation with client to ensure understanding of brief/product requirements
- Ensure correct tone of messaging in terms of brand and medium
- Remain up-to-date with various online and other writing developments which may affect the brand and/or market
- Brainstorm, write and execute, as based on business requirements
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills in English and French
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Office, Internet, etc.) and typing skills
- Proven ability to translate oral instructions and written literature from one language to another
- 1 Years translation and/or writing experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification (Diploma or Degree in Journalism, writing or languages)
- A passion for languages and accuracy in translation
- Excellent organisational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, high pressured, deadline driven environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
If you have not received any feedback within 2 weeks, please assume that your application was not successful for this particular role.
Please click here to apply.