Ivanhoe Mines SA seeks to employ an HR Officer that is fluent in English and French to assist with daily HR Administration.
- Assisting with compiling of position requisition.
- Maintain personnel files by ensuring all the documents are complete and are in the file according to the requirements.
- Follow up on limited duration contracts and ensure that expired contracts are renewed timeously, preferably a month in advance.
- Assist with the handling of the on-boarding process as required by the HR Manager, e.g. visa, medical, induction as per employment checklist.
- Ensuring that all the new employees have completed the necessary HR documents and handed them to the HR office.
- Ensure all DRC documents are in available in English and French
- Ensure understanding of relevant medical insurance processes.
- Follow work permit process and keep track of progress and report to all relevant parties on progress regularly
- Compile and/or check DRC French contracts and English contracts as required and ensure they are equivalent, report any discrepancies to the HR Manager.
- Liaise with HR Assistant to send out the signed French DRC contracts to the relevant person in the DRC to get it stamped by ONEM.
- Ensure accuracy of position requisitions and any other applications and requests e.g. educational requests, staff changes
- Ensure that all employee occupational medicals are up to date and liaise with HR Assistant to arrange annual medicals as and when necessary.
- Assist with attending to employee requirements and escalating the issue at hand if not sure in terms of how to assist.
- Assist with the administration of staff changes and secondments and liaise with the HR Assistant to update the register.
- Assist with other HR activities as and when required.
- Assist in proof checking all French documentation and keep in close contact with DRC HR departments in order to stay up to date with activities on sites.
- Ensure that job descriptions, both English and French, are in place for all existing positions and vacancies. Assist with formulating and translating job descriptions where necessary.
HR System Administration:
- Assist in the capturing new employees on HR system and terminating all terminated employees.
- Ensuring that the employee data on the system is continuously updated and accurate.
- Assist with queries regarding the HR system, escalate if need be.
- Able to assist with the translation of French documents
3 year HR Diploma
Minimum 5 years HR administration experience
Knowledgeable in terms of HR issues
Fluency in French - speaking, reading and comprehension
Candidate needs to be reliable and can be trusted with confidential information,
be honesty and have integrity,
pay attention to detail,
be a team player and who is not averse to working in a busy and high pressured working environment,
highly adaptable and proactive,
and ability to prioritise efficiently
Please Click here to apply