Junior Media Research Analyst
- Location: Green Point, Cape Town, RSA.
- Application Deadline: 11 May 2018
- Interviews: 1 May - 18 May 2018
- Start Date: Immediately
- Starting Salary: R14 000 / month (excl. commission) .
Do you want to work in a young, dynamic and ambitious company on the forefront of the Media Intelligence Industry?
Are you inspired by social media and its impact on the world of business?
Meltwater is expanding its Media Analyst Team and is offering a fast-paced and challenging analyst role servicing our Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) client portfolio, based from Cape Town. You will be responsible for researching, compiling and annotating monthly insight reports on our African clients and industry.
Who are we?
- An international software company.
- South African offices in Cape Town and Johannesburg.
- 26 000+ clients.
- Head office based in San Francisco.
- 60 offices globally.
- 1350+ employees who love working here!
Why work at Meltwater?
Our goal is to create positive, long-lasting customer relationships. Through engagement with our media monitoring and social media products you will directly increase the overall value of our services to our growing customer base.
- Efficient, exciting work environment.
- A high level of responsibility and autonomy from day one with hands on support.
- The opportunity to influence and shape an established yet growing Client Success Department.
- Accelerated performance-based promotion program.
- Competitive salary with commission and bonus structure.
“Our interest and investment in people is the key to our success at Meltwater.“
- Jorn Lyseggen - Founder.
Skills & Requirements
Contract : Full-Time, Cape Town.
What to expect as a Jnr. Media Analyst
The Jnr. Media Analyst will support our Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Client Success team’s from our Cape Town office. This person should be enthusiastic, analytical, hard working, and self-motivated.
The Jnr. Media Analyst will collect and evaluate information available publicly using Meltwater’s proprietary software technology. Using this information, the Jnr. Media Analyst will collate key insights which inform on B2B clients’ decision-making across a range of industries including government, universities, retail, banking and other. This individual should have a strong understanding in new media/social media, be a team player, and excited to learn about a variety of industries.
- Carry out quantitative and qualitative research.
- Gather, interpret and compile media evaluation reports for Meltwater’s business to business clients.
- Become an expert user on the latest media intelligence SaaS platforms.
- Analyze data streams from multiple media channels to measure impact of clients’ brand marketing, public relations and social media outreach campaigns.
- Ensure the consistency, accuracy, and timely delivery of all work to clients.
Skills and Requirements
University degree (relevant field advantageous)
High level of fluency (writing and speaking) in at least one of the below languages is a must:
- Strong analytical, creative and communication skills
- Self-motivated, well organized with strong time management skills.
- Technical skills: Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint