Social Media Editor (Bilingual – French & English)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Job - May 16, 2018
Greenpeace Africa is an environmental campaigning organisation with offices in Southern, West, East and Central Africa. The organisation is currently seeking to employ a Social Media Editor that is bilingual in both English and French to join the Digital Unit within the Engagement team.
The Social Media Editor is responsible for the maintenance of various social media platforms. He / She will have to grow Greenpeace Africa’s audience on social platforms and deepen relationships with supporters. The goal of the social media editor is to effectively engage audiences using various social channels.
- Work with the social media manager to analyse and understand social, content and communication strategy.
- Provide input and feedback on strategy and assist on strategy implementation.
- Fully understand audiences, segments and personas and how to reach them across social platforms
Planning and execution of social media contents
- Ensure that content is shared across channels according to content strategy.
- Ensure that relevant and time sensitive content (articles/blogs/press, releases) are found and distributed/curated on social channels.
- Write materials (blogs, press releases, reactive for social media posts and comments)
- Website content is published when needed.
- Cover live events on social media (live tweeting/live streaming).
Testing, measurement and reporting
- Draft a report on key metrics
- Social/blog/press release/reactive performance is analysed and reported on
- Audience data is analysed and reported on an ongoing basis
- Community management response rates and times are reported on monthly.
Core job competencies
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Fluency in written and spoken French
- Copywriting for digital
- Creativity and ability to think out of box
- Understanding of social media and content strategy
- Knowledge and/or experience in cyber activism
- Proofreading skills
- Audience research and targeting
Personal leadership competencies (5E's)
- Energy & Energize: Demonstrate a positive mindset and solutions-oriented attitude & Empower others
- Edge: Risk-taking & identify and master moments of leadership.
- Expertise: Demonstrate the ability to see a situation accurately with a broad set of perspectives ability to see things as they might be.
- Execute: Role model for accountability and straightforwardness & act in a decisive manner
- Tertiary qualification in Digital Marketing, Social media management, Communications, IT or other relevant fields, or equivalent experience
- Writing for Digital or Copywriting qualification
- Demonstrates exceptional creativity
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in digital marketing, social media management, or marketing management
- Online campaigning experience with a non-profit is an advantage.
- Experience in writing press releases will be beneficial
- Candidate should have a nose for news
- Willingness to travel internationally and within the region
- NB: Candidate must be proficient in (writing and speaking) BOTH French & English. This requirement is non-negotiable.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should email their CV and covering letter to the Human Resource Officer at email@example.com stating the position they are applying for. The closing date for applications is 3rd June 2018.
Greenpeace offers market related salary.
Please note that should you not receive correspondence from us within 20 days from the closing date; please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.