|Remuneration:||negotiable Negotiable depending on experience|
|Reference:||#Translator & Editor|
Translator & Content Editors (German, French, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Norwegian and Arabic)
Forming part of the localisation team, the Translator and Content Editor will be responsible for delivering high quality, localised content for the company’s target markets. They will work with Regional Marketing, Project Management and Localisation teams spread across the global, to ensure timely delivery and publishing of localised assets across all of the company’s languages, channels and products.
They will ensure localisation, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and website guidelines are followed to safeguard IG’s brand values and maintain high quality standards across all content. They are responsible for the application of translation tools to build greater consistency and quality into content. They will input and edit content in company’s content management systems to ensure effective roll out of marketing and IT materials. The scope of work will range from small day-to-day maintenance and updates, to large projects and global campaigns, including website, email, trading platform, mobile app, video and other content types.
- Responsible for transcribing and translating marketing, IT and other content from English into German / French / Dutch / Italian / Portuguese / Spanish / Swedish / Norwegian or Arabic for different markets.
- Building new pages and areas on ig.com websites to improve SEO rankings.
- Ensuring timely delivery against the article publication schedule, determined by the Website and SEO teams.
- Use translation tools to ensure consistency of translation within documents.
- Ensure target language assets are appropriate for the correct cultural context and adapted for regional variations where necessary.
- Retain and develop knowledge on specialist areas of translation, including finance, marketing and technical documentation.
- Maintain excellent attention to detail when entering content onto email, website and IT Content Management Systems.
- Proactively communicate with colleagues across the business to facilitate problem solving.
- Carry out feedback implementation, linguistic bug fixing and the revision of the content.
- Maintain and optimise website, email, social media, video, mobile app and platform content.
Requirements and comptencies
- Educated to degree level, with one to three years’ experience in translation, content or website editing.
- An excellent knowledge of written and spoken German / French / Dutch / Italian / Portuguese / Spanish / Swedish / Norwegian or Arabic. Native speaker or proficiency level C2 required. Good command of spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Additional languages are beneficial.
- Experience working with translation tools, especially Trados Studio and MultiTerm, is beneficial but not essential.
- Top-quality translation and editorial skills, with an eye for detail.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and changing priorities